chicken, cut up
1 (8 ounce) cans
red wine vinegar
( spanish if you can find it)
onion, cut in chunks
- Cover the bottom of a 10 X 18 X 2 1/2 inch oval clay cooking pan (or a comparable glass or ceramic pan) with the olive oil.
- Place cut up chicken in pan skin side up.
- Place a bay leaf and chunk of onion under each piece.
- Dot chicken with butter pieces.
- Mix together tomato sauce, wine vinegar, sherry and crushed garlic.
- Pour mixture over chicken and sprinkle parsley on chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 250 degrees for 4 t0 5 hours.
- Baste frequently.