garlic cloves, minced
( four if you are a garlic lover)
ground black pepper, to taste
potatoes, peeled and diced
( try to use a waxy potato like Yukon gold (russets will disintegrate in the baking process)
1 (16 ounce) bags
sauerkraut, from the deli aisle
( not canned please)
beef kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
( two if you're an insane sausage lover)
- Put the cold butter in a cold pan with the diced onion, and slowly bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- This brings out the sweetness of the onions.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and simmer 2 more minutes.
- Add next 3 ingredients.
- Combine with the sauerkraut (undrained and not rinsed), kielbasa and potatoes.
- Bring to a simmer on the stove top.
- Cover loosely with foil and place in a preheated 225°F oven for 3 hours.