1 (10 ounce) packages
olive oil, divided
garlic cloves, minced, to taste
( add more if you want spicy)
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
low sodium chicken broth
2 (15 ounce) cans
black beans, drained and rinsed
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes with green chilies
shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place corn in a large baking pan; add 1 Tbs olive oil and stir the corn to coat.
- Bake until the corn is browned, stirring once, about 20 mins total.
- Note: Corn sometimes does not brown, but bake until it smells roasted.
- While corn is roasting, cook onion in remaining 1 Tbs olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin, and chili powder and cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, beans, and tomatoes; reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook 15 mins then stir in corn and simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve chili with sour cream and shredded cheese.