extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups
2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans
1 (1 lb) package
frozen cod fish fillet, cut into 1 inch cubes while frozen
salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and saute onion, celery and carrot for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth.
- Stir over low heat until soup bubbles and thickens slightly.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cream and cubes of fish.
- Stir in thyme.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until cubes of fish are cooked.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve very hot with chowder crackers or a crusty baguette with butter, and fresh snipped lemon thyme for garnish.