1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon
cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 1/2 cups milk (from boiling potatoes, if you're making potatoes too) or 1 1/2 cups
( from boiling potatoes, if you're making potatoes too)
1 teaspoon watkins meat magic flavor enhancer or 1 teaspoon
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the meatball ingredients except the cheese and mix well.
- Take a piece of meat about the size of a walnut, flatten it, put a cheese cube in the center, and press the meat mixture closed around the cheese, covering the cheese completely and evenly so it won't melt out into the pan.
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray, then fry the meatballs over medium heat until they are very well browned on all sides.
- Remove meatballs from pan and make gravy from the drippings.
- Add flour to the drippings in the pan and mix well (you may need to add a little oil if there wasn't enough grease rendered from the meatballs).
- Add milk or water and Meat Magic, and stir well, getting any meat off the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking.
- Cook over medium heat until the gravy thickens and starts to bubble.
- Add more milk or water if needed.
- Return the meatballs to the gravy and serve or serve separately.