12 tablespoons herbed goat cheese or 12 tablespoons
other soft cheese
prawns, peeled, tail on, deveined and butterflied
prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
( di parma, san daniel, or reserva, or your favorite)
- Press 1 Tbsp of the cheese into the cavity of each prawn.
- Wrap each tightly with a ½ slice of proscuitto.
- Start at the tail (do not wrap the tail shell) and spiral down to the head (or where it should be).
- In a saute pan heat oil over medium heat.
- When hot sear the wrapped prawns for 2-3 minute on each side or until they turn pink.
- They may also be placed under the broiler.
- If broiling dot with a little butter or oil on each side b4 placing under broiler.
- Serve hot or warm.