boneless leg of lamb, trimmed,lamb stew meat works well,i have also used chops with the bone and it works just as well jus
onion, peeled and chopped
( any color but green)
garlic, peeled and chopped,to taste
fresh sage leaves, chopped
( dried can be subed in a pinch)
dry white wine
1 (2 lb) cans
diced tomatoes, drained
( get the best you can afford)
salt and pepper
red pepper flakes, to taste
( a little will go a long way)
- Heat oil in heavy casserole and saute onion until soft.
- Add garlic and sage, saute a minute or two more.
- Add lamb and brown on all sides.
- Raise heat and add wine Scrape pan and let boil for 20 seconds or so.
- Lower heat and let reduce for 5 minutes or so.
- Add tomatoes and season with salt, pepper, and pepper flakes.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- When the meat is cooked and soft remove the pan from the heat.
- Beat the egg yolks into the sauce.
- Serve hot and enjoy!