For chile lime butter
unsalted butter, softened
finely chopped shallot
finely grated fresh lime zest
fresh lime juice
minced fresh serrano chili, including seeds
6 (5 ounce)
skinless tilapia fillets
salt, to taste
( I prefer kosher)
- Make chile lime butter:.
- Stir together butter, shallot, zest, lime juice, chile and salt in a bowl.
- Prepare fish:.
- Pat fish dry and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until just smoking.
- Saute 3 pieces of fish, using a spatula to turn once, until golden and just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and saute remaining fish in same manner.
- Serve each piece of fish with a dollop of chile lime butter.