boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
red bell pepper, chopped
garlic cloves, minced
4 1/2 cups
1 3/4 cups
diced red potatoes
( with or without skins)
goya jamon flavored ham seasoning
( from 1.41oz box in the Mexican or spice section of store)
2 1/4 cups
frozen corn kernels
2% low-fat milk
shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon in a soup pot until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pot.
- Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Add chicken, onion, bell pepper and garlic to bacon fat in pan.
- Saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, potatoes and Goya ham seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover pot, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Add corn; stir well.
- Place flour in a bowl.
- Gradually whisk milk into flour.
- Stir milk and flour mixture into soup pot.
- Cook over medium heat 15 minutes, or until thick, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cheese, bacon, salt and pepper.