( Japanese breadcrumbs, found in the Oriental section at most supermarkets)
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon
grated fresh lemon, rind of
2 (10 ounce)
pork cutlets, tenderized,if preferred
olive oil, more if necessary
fresh sage sprig
- Combine first 4 ingredients on plate.
- Whisk egg and 2 T water in medium bowl to blend.
- Whisk mayonnaise and Dijon mustard in small bowl.
- Dredge pork cutlets with mayo-mustard mixture; dip into beaten egg, then coat with panko crumb mixture.
- Transfer to plate.
- Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over med-high heat.
- Add pork; cook until no longer pink on inside and crumbs are golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Garnish with fresh sage, if desired, and serve with lemon wedges.