red snapper fillets
lime, juice of
white onion, sliced julienne style
celery, sliced julienne style
2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans
chicken bouillon cube
tomato, seeded and sliced julienne style
cooked white rice
- Sprinkle fillets with lime juice.
- In deep skillet, heat oil on medium.
- Stir in garlic, onion, celery, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, bouillon, and bay leaves.
- Bring to boil and simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sliced tomatoes.
- Add fillets, skin side up, gently pushing them into the sauce.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until fish is cooked and flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer to warm serving tray and keep warm.
- Continue to simmer sauce until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Ladle some sauce over fillets and serve remainder on the side accompanied with rice.