1 (15 ounce) cans
3 bean mix
( Read is the brand I find)
1 (8 ounce) boxes
1 (10 ounce) packages
fresh cracked pepper
- Bring 3 qts water to boil.
- While bringing water to a boil, set frozen broccoli pkg in microwave to defrost for approximately 6-7 minutes.
- Open, drain, and rinse canned 3 bean salad in colander.
- When water is boiling, add pasta> Boil pasta for 8-9 minutes to al dente.
- As noodles are cooking, prepare the broccoli> Cut stems away from broccoli flowerettes> Cut flowerettes into bite-sized pieces> Use the stem portion as well if you prefer.
- Place broccoli pieces and rinsed/drained bean salad in mixing bowl.
- Once noodles are cooked, remove and strain in colander while running cold water over noodles to stop cooking, and cool down the pasta> With a sharp knife or kitchen scissors cut up pasta slightly (if using long noodles).
- Once cooled and drained place pasta in mixing bowl with bean salad and broccoli.
- In measuring cup pour dressing (s) of choice to 1/2 cup measure> Blend if using multiple dressings>*I use a combination of Newmans Light Balsamic Vineagrette and Kraft Fat Free Caeser Italian.
- Pour dressing over salad and add fresh cracked pepper and salt to your liking>*i use about 1 1/2 tbs of salt to cut the sweetness of the bean salad.
- Mix gently and well> Nice if chilled, but if time does not allow, it can be eaten immediately.
- Some add-in ideas: diced cucumber, tomato, black olives, onion, chicken/ham, sunflower seeds.