phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
brie round, chilled
( I use a triple cream brie)
red pepper jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place brie on flat surface and with sharp knife, slice Brie in half horizontally.
- (This is much easier to do if Brie is nicely chilled first).
- Spread red pepper jelly on bottom half of Brie and then replace top half of brie and set aside.
- Using a pastry brush, brush butter on first sheet of phyllo, place a second sheet on top at roughly a 30 degree angle, brush with butter, place third sheet on top at roughly a 30 degree angle from the first, brush with butter and continue until all sheets have been used.
- (The reason for placing the sheets on angles is that you'll end up with a larger surface which makes for easier wrapping and it also gives you a more interesting presentation as you bring all the sheets together).
- Place Brie in centre of phyllo and gently pull all the sheets up and over the Brie, twisting closed at the top.
- Arrange the sheets in the"twist" in various directions.
- Brush entire package with melted butter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Set aside for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with crackers or thinly sliced baguette.