( about 1 1/2 pounds)
olive oil, for oven frying eggplant
1 1/2 cups
plain low-fat yogurt
garlic clove, grated
- Wash eggplant, cut off stem and peel it into stripes.
- Cut crosswise into 2 parts, then cut each part lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces.
- Soak eggplant pieces in warm salted water for about 1/2 hour.
- Put a heavy plate on the pieces to keep them submerged.
- Drain eggplant pieces.
- Brush pieces lightly with olive oil, and arrange them in a cookie sheet in one layer.
- Broil them in the oven, turning once.
- About 10 minutes.
- Mix together yogurt, garlic, salt, cumin and coriander.
- On a flat big platter, arrange eggplant pieces in a single layer (pieces may overlap a little).
- Spoon yogurt mixture all over the eggplant.
- Sprinkle with chili, and garnish with parsley and tomato.
- Serve with warm bread.
- If the amount is more than you can consume in one sitting, refrigerate eggplant pieces and yogurt in two separate containers.
- Combine and garnish just before serving.