extra virgin olive oil
1 (12 ounce) jars
marinated artichoke hearts
red bell pepper
salt and pepper
1 (8 ounce) packages
fresh mozzarella cheese
3 -6 slices prosciutto or 3 -6 slices
1 large Italian bread or 1 large
bread, of choice
- Cut onions into rings.
- Cut zucchini and squash in half lenthwise and then into half rings.
- Cut bell pepper into strips.
- Cut mushroom into strips.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Cut cheese into thin slices.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onions and saute until they start to soften.
- Salting the onions at this point will keep them from getting too brown.
- Add garlic and saute for about a minute, do not let garlic brown as it will become bitter.
- Add mushrooms and peppers and saute until they start to get tender.
- Add zucchini, squash and cherry tomatoes.
- Spoon in artichoke hearts.
- Do not drain but do not pour entire contents in pan.
- Just allow the liquid that gets scooped up with the heart to reach pan and discard the rest.
- Saute all until desired consistency and most of the liquid is cooked off.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise.
- Place slices of prosciutto evenly on bottom half of bread.
- Top with the vegetable mixture.
- Top the veggies with slices of cheese.
- Stick under broiler if desired to melt cheese.
- Cut into indivitual servings and enjoy.