1 (16 ounce) cans
refried black beans
1 tablespoon taco seasoning or 1 tablespoon
Mexican seasoning, plus
1 teaspoon taco seasoning or 1 teaspoon
Mexican seasoning, of your choice
( I have used 1/2 TBS. chili powder and 1/2 TBS. plus 1 tsp. cumin. which makes it very mild for kids.)
1 (8 ounce) packages
cream cheese, softened
1 (4 ounce) cans
chopped green chili peppers, undrained
red onion, finely chopped
1 (3 1/4 ounce) cans
pitted ripe olives, divided
cheddar cheese, grated
( 1 1/4 cups)
fresh cilantro, snipped
corn chips, of your choice
7-inch flour tortillas, if desired,see below
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Mix refried beans with 1 teaspoons of seasoning.
- Spread over bottom of pie plate.
- Juice lime to measure 1 TBS.
- Mix cream cheese, lime juice, chilis, garlic and the rest of the seasoning until smoothe.
- Add chopped onions, half of the black olives, and one cup of the cheese to mixture.
- Mix well.
- Spoon cheese mixture over bean layer in pie plate.
- Sprinkle remaining olives, 1/4 cup cheese and snipped cilantro over top.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- If desired, arrange Baked Tortilla Chips around edge of dip.
- To prepare Baked Tortilla Chip:.
- Cut 8 (7 inch) flour tortillas in 8 triangles.
- Place on baking sheet and bake in 400* oven for 8-10 minutes or until crisp.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.