andouille sausage, cut into rounds
2 1/4 lbs
skinless chicken thighs
( 6 large)
2 1/3 cups
green bell peppers, chopped
1 1/4 cups
red bell peppers, chopped
1 (28 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes with juice
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
pimento stuffed olive, sliced
large shrimp, uncooked,peeled
salt and pepper
- Sauté sausage in large pot until brown, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from pot and transfer to large bowl.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, transfer to pot and cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to bowl with sausage.
- Pour off all drippings except 1 TBSP and add onions and peppers to pot; sauté until tender and light brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, spices and paprika to pot and sauté about 2 minutes.
- Return sausage, chicken and juices to pot, add tomatoes, broth and wine.
- Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked thru, about 25 minutes.
- Uncover pot, add olives and simmer until chicken is very tender and liquid is reduced to thin sauce consistency, about 40 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook approximately 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.