grated fresh ginger
jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
mushrooms, large ones cut into half
boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
canned white beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/4 cups
dried oregano leaves
green onions, thinly sliced
3 -4 green olives or 3 -4
black olives, chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro or 1 tablespoon
salt and pepper
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Sauté chopped onions, garlic, ginger root, and jalapeno chili 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cook, covered, until mushrooms are wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add chicken, beans, chicken broth, oregano, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and bay leaf.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon chili into bowls; sprinkle each serving with tomato, green onion, olives and cilantro/parsley.