1 1/2 cups
pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in mixer bowl.
- Add shortening, milk and vanilla.
- Mix for about 1 minute.
- Stop and scrape bowl.
- Add egg whites.
- Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Fill greased and floured cupcake molds about halfway.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven.
- Slice rounded"humps" from cupcakes.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Frost with green frosting and decorate.