1 lb vidalia onions (3/8 inch square) or 1 lb
some other sweet onion, cut into large dice
( 3/8 inch square)
ground black pepper, divided
4 (6 ounce)
skinless chicken thighs
balsamic vinegar, divided
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onions with 1/4 teaspoon of pepper for about 5 minutes, the onions should be soft and golden.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon pepper, chicken, oregano, and thyme to pan, and sprinkle with 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Uncover, increase heat, and cook 2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon vinegar, and sprinkle with parsley.