carrot, cut into 1/4 inch diagonal slices
( 12 to 14 medium)
packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup
- Heat 1 inch water to boiling in 3-quart saucepan.
- Add carrots and, if desired, 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer covered 12 to 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- While carrots are cooking, heat brown sugar, butter, orange peel and 1/2 teaspoon salt in 10- or 12-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissovled and mixture is bubbly.
- Be careful not to overcook or the mixture will taste scorched.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain carrots.
- Stir carrots into brown sugar mixture.
- Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and gently, until carrots are glazed and hot.