1 1/2 lbs
2 -3 tablespoons
crushed red pepper flakes
fresh ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups
dry elbow macaroni
shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef in large stock pot.
- Add onion, black pepper and salt while meat is cooking.
- After meat is completely cooked, add stewed tomatoes, drained kidney beans and tomato sauce.
- Stir throroughly.
- Add additional 15 ounces (one can) of water, more or less, depending on whether or not you like thick or soupy chili.
- Add desired seasonings to taste.
- Allow to simmer while you prepare macaroni.
- In separate pan, boil water and cook macaroni.
- Drain macaroni and add to meat& sauce mixture.
- Ready to eat immediately or you can leave it it to simmer on stove top until dinner time.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar when in individual bowls, if desired.