butter margarine, softened
packed brown sugar
1 (18 1/4 ounce) packages white cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packages
yellow cake mix
finely crushed corn flakes
1 1/2 cups strawberry jam or 1 1/2 cups
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Gradually add dry cake mix and corn flakes.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of dough for topping.
- Press remaining dough in a greased 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Carefully spread jam over crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved dough and gently press down.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.