3 3/4 cups
1 1/2 cups
light corn syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract or 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon extract or 1 1/2 teaspoons
orange extract, etc.
- You will need a candy thermometer.
- Mix first 3 ingredients in large saucepan.
- Stir over heat until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil and stop stirring.
- Continue to boil until temperature reaches 310 degrees F, it may take 20- 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- After boiling has stopped, stir in extract& coloring of choice.
- Quickly, spread out onto a LIGHTLY greased baking sheet so that the candy is no more than 1/4 inch thick.
- Candy does not need to touch all edges of baking sheet.
- Cool, then break into pieces.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- SPECIAL NOTE: After reaching 310 degrees, I like to put 1/2 of mixture in a separate kettle, so that I can make two different colors and/or flavors.