ground sausage meat
( stale works best)
apples, peeled, cored, cut into small cubes
1 1/4 cups
fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper
- Cook sausage until no longer pink, about 10 min, stir often.
- Drain most of the fat (leave about a tablespoon).
- Add onions and celery, cook another 3 minute.
- Stir in apples, sage, thyme, and marjoram, cook another 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of chicken stock, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in bread, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a lightly greased casserole dish.
- (This recipe can be made ahead to this point, it will keep in the fridge for 2 days or in the freezer for 2 weeks. If frozen, thaw in fridge before baking).
- Bake, covered, in 325°F oven for about 40 minutes. Halfway through cooking time, drizzle with the remaining chicken stock.
- Remove the lid and bake 10 more minutes, until the stuffing has a crusty top and is heated through.