potatoes, peeled and diced
carrots, peeled and diced
fresh ground pepper, to taste
4 -5 dried mushrooms or 8 -10 fresh chanterelle mushrooms or 8 -10
- Place potatoes, carrots, parsley and celery in a soup pot.
- Cover with about 8 cups water.
- Add salt, pepper and mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, half covered, for 1 hour.
- When soup is almost done, melt butter in a small frying pan.
- Add onions and sauté until transparent.
- Add flour and stir until flour is brown, 5 minutes.
- Stir into soup and serve.