leg of lamb
loosely packed fresh oregano
dry white wine
tiny new potatoes, quartered lengthways
lemon, cut into 8 ths
olive, pitted,i used a mix of green and black
- Preheat oven to hot.
- Using sharp knife, pierce 12 cuts into lamb; press garlic and oregano into cuts.
- Place lamb in large flameproof baking dish; pour wine, stock and juice over lamb.
- Cover tightly; roast lamb in hot oven 30 minutes then reduce temperature to moderate; roast lamb, covered tightly, brushing occasionally with pan juices, for a further 3 hours or until lamb is extremely tender.
- When lamb has about 1 hour left to roast, place potato, lemon and olives in separate baking dish; drizzle with oil, and place in oven; roast, uncovered, until browned and tender.
- Transfer lamb to serving dish; cover to keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the reserved lamb juices in same flameproof baking dish; stir in flour.
- Cook, stirring, until mixture is well browned.
- Gradually stir in remaining lamb juices and the water; stir until gravy boils and thickens.
- Slice lamb; serve with potato mixture and gravy.