3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons
finely sliced onion
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
( 2 medium)
1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup
substitute low-fat milk
- Melt butter on medium heat.
- Add onion and saute for 2 minutes, being careful not to brown the onions.
- Sprinkle flour over the onions and cook about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Gradually add chicken broth.
- Add potatoes, salt, basil, white and black pepper, Tabasco and garlic salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in half& half; heat through.
- Garnish with grated cheddar cheese, cooked& crumbled bacon, a dollop of sour cream and finely sliced green onion.