1 (400 g) cans
yellow onion, finely diced
freshly grated parmesan cheese
coarse ground pepper
1 (500 g) packages
( spirals work well with this recipe)
- Firstly, put on a large pot of salted water and bring to the boil, add pasta to water and cook until'al dente' approximately 8- 10 minutes.
- While pasta is on the go, finely dice your onion and crush your garlic.
- In a saucepan, put in the olive oil, when the oil is warm, add your garlic and onion and gently saute these until they are transparent.
- Add the ricotta to the pan, and stir through the onions and garlic well.
- At this stage, add your salt and pepper, parmesan, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Mix well and let simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta.
- Turn the ricotta sauce off from the heat, add your fresh basil leaves, roughly torn, into the sauce.
- Dish up some pasta into a bowl, put some of the ricotta sauce on top of the pasta, and finish off with some extra shavings of parmesan if desired.