1 (700 ml) jars
1 (398 ml) cans
whole berry cranberry sauce
orange, zest of, size not important,rest of orange will be used later
1/3 cup orange liqueur or 1/3 cup
( Cointreau is good)
prepared tart shells
( store bought is fine)
9 inch pie shell
- In saucepan, combine mincemeat and cranberry sauce, stir constantly till almost boiling on medium heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Grate orange zest, peel orange and chop segments.
- Add orange zest, chopped orange and liqueur.
- Spoon into tart shells and place on baking sheet.
- Fill pie shell and use top crust or make fancy cut-outs with pastry.
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven for about 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- For pie bake for about 35 minutes.
- I can only fit 1 pie and 1 sheet of tarts at a time in my oven so cooking time includes the 2nd pan of tarts while pie is still cooking.