uncooked long-grain rice
dried onion flakes
dried parsley flakes
beef bouillon granules
minced dried chives
dried celery flakes
1 1/2 teaspoons
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Divide evenly among three airtight containers (there will be alittle over 1 cup in each container).
- Store in a dry, cool place for up to 6 months.
- HERE'S THE INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THE JAMBALAYA.
- In a saucepan bring 2 cups water and 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper to a boil.
- Stir in the contents of one jar of the dried mix, return to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 19 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In another saucepan heat 8 ounces of tomato sauce and one pound of fully cooked smoked sausage that has been cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Add one pound of medium, peeled, deveined shrimp and cook until shrimp is pink.
- Combine both pans.
- More tomato sauce may be added if mixture is dry.