packed basil leaves
chopped unblanched almonds
grated parmesan cheese
shredded mozzarella cheese
- Puree the basil leaves, almonds, garlic and salt together in a food processor.
- With motor running, gradually add the olive oil thru the feeder tube.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until still a little firm about 8 minutes, then drain.
- In another bowl, combine pesto, ricotta, half the mozzarella and the black pepper.
- Add the pasta and toss to blend.
- Pour into a 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish and top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan and the rest of the mozzarella.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.