2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons
green onions, sliced
2 1/4 cups chicken broth or 2 1/4 cups
salt and pepper
fresh grated parmesan cheese
chopped fresh parsley
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the green onions and garlic; saute/stir for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
- Add in the orzo; stir constantly/cook 1 minute longer.
- Add in broth, salt and pepper to taste; bring to a boil.
- Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish that has been lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add in Parmesan and parsley; stir.
- Bake, covered, in a 350° oven for 35-40 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.