extra lean ground beef, divided into 2 patties
( less if you want)
salt and pepper, totaste
chili flakes, to taste
1 -2 slice
bacon, crisp fried
4 tablespoons grated swiss cheese or 1 slice
wine-cured sauerkraut, well squeezed
canned jalapeno peppers
- Mix the salt, pepper and chili flakes into the hamburger, form two patties.
- Place cheese on one patty and put the other one on top, seal edges well.
- Fry the bacon until crisp, remove from pan, drain on a paper towel and drain grease from the pan leaving a bit of the bacon grease on the pan.
- Brown one side of the burger on high heat flip after 2 minutes, turn heat to medium, cover and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Flip the burger, add Mushrooms to the pan, cover and continue cooking (total time approximately 12 minutes).
- Make room on the pan for the Kraut and brown it a bit heating it through during the last 2 minutes cooking time-keep it separate from the mushrooms.
- Meanwhile toast the inside of the bun, when the burger is cooked place patty in the bun, top with Kraut, bacon & Jalapenos.
- Serve mushrooms on the side.