1 (26 ounce) cans
- Brown the hamburger and drain of excess grease.
- Add the can of spaghetti sauce and bring to a really hard simmer.
- Add the American cheese slices.
- You can use more than 4 if you are really into cheese (like me).
- Let cheese melt while stirring.
- Turn heat down to low simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes, until it thickens a bit.
- While its doing that take your hamburger buns and pull them apart and lay them insides up on a cookie sheet (you will probably need more than one cookie sheet).
- When meat mixture is done simmering start spooning the mixture onto the hamburger buns and spreading it over the entire surface.
- You should have now what looks like a bunch of open-faced sandwiches.
- Sprinkle each one with a little bit of cheddar and a little bit of the mozzarella.
- Again, you can add more cheese, or use less depending on your preference.
- Place in a 375°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes until cheese has melted and slightly browned and hamburger bun should be pretty crispy.