buttermilk biscuit mix
bananas, peeled, halves crosswise then lengthwise
oil, for deep fat frying
- In a small mixing bowl combine biscuit mix, sugar, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and egg yolks.
- Stir until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold into biscuit mixture.
- Heat oil in deep skillet or deep fat fryer to 375.
- Dip each banana piece into batter and place into hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown on each side.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.