onion, thinly sliced
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
1 (15 ounce) cans
1 (7 ounce) cans
chopped green chili peppers, drained
1 (2 ounce) cans
sliced black olives
boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite-size chunks
- In a large pot, over medium heat, combine oil, onion, garlic, oregano and cumin.
- Cook, covered, 5 minutes, until onions are tender.
- Stir in broth, hominy, chile peppers and olives.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- Stir chicken into pot.
- Cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink- 5 to 10 minutes.
- Can garnish with shredded lettuce, and radish or sour cream and grated sharp cheddar cheese.