1 (8 ounce) packages
cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups
sandwich bread, crusts removed
( I buy the crustless loaf - saves time)
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg yolk and 1/4 C sugar; mix well.
- Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin.
- Spread cream cheese over each slice to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Roll up diagonally from point to point.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cinnamon and 1 C sugar.
- Dip roll-ups in the melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place in an ungreased 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 16-19 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.