2 stalks celery, chopped or 2 teaspoons
red bell pepper, chopped
1 (28 ounce) cans
1 (15 ounce) cans
salt and pepper
- Roughly chop the onion, pepper, and celery.
- Add the oil to a large stock pot and add the chopped vegetables, cooking until soft.
- Add the beef and cook until browned.
- Add the tomatoes and refried beans with the garlic, spices, and mix well.
- Stir in the stock (you can use bouillon cubes and omit some of the water to make this as a dip) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Either use a stick blender or small batches into your food processor and puree the soup.
- Adjust the seasonings (I like mine A LOT spicier so I add more cayenne and some green chilies to the mix, sometimes a dash or two of Tabasco.).
- Serve with sour cream and tortilla chips.
- Freezes Well.