For the tart
( homemade or store bought)
apples, cored,sliced 1/8 " thick
( golden delicious)
butter, cold,sliced thin
apricot jam, heated and strained
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Arrange the apple slices decoratively on the pastry shell.
- Sprinkle sugar on top, dot with butter slices and bake in middle rack for 45 minutes, until the apple and shell are golden.
- Brush with heated apricot jam while tart is still hot.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Note: prep time doesn't include chill time for pastry dough if you decide to make that yourself.