3 1/2 cups
3 1/2 teaspoons
3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup
grated orange rind
1 1/2 teaspoons
1 (750 ml) jars
icing sugar, for dusting
- Stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together; set aside.
- Cream the butter, orange rind and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light.
- Beat in the sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in the mincemeat.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Turn the batter into either a greased 12-cup Bundt or tube pan or a greased 9" x 13" cake pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- If using a Bundt pan, bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until done.
- If using a cake pan, bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- In either case, cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.