1 1/2 teaspoons
1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded or 1/2 lb
bulk sausage, browned and drained can be used in place of the cheese
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, mix milk, butter, and egg.
- Add milk mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup batter onto a lightly greased griddle or skillet; flatten batter slightly.
- Cook until lightly browned on both sides.
- If batter becomes too thick add a small amount of milk.