1 1/2 cups
( not low-fat)
( half cup plus two TBs.)
egg yolks, lightly beaten
( do not use the egg whites!)
1 9-inch baked pie crusts or 1
purchased graham cracker crust
2 -3 cups
thawed Cool Whip
- Heat the 1 1/2 cups of milk in a saucepan on low-medium heat until hot, but do not let it come to a boil.
- In a small bowl, blend together the sugar, flour, cornstarch, salt, and the 1/4 cup cold milk.
- Add to the hot milk in the saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Cook over low heat until thickened.
- Add some of the hot mixture to the 3 beaten egg yolks in a small bowl.
- Stir well to blend and then add to the saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Cook over low heat for a minute or two longer.
- Remove from the stove and stir in the vanilla, butter, almond extract and coconut.
- Let cool.
- Pour into the pie crust.
- Top with the Cool Whip.
- Use a spoon to make a pretty shape.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.