beef bouillon granules
1 (15 ounce) cans
2 tablespoons dried onion flakes or 1/4 cup
finely minced fresh yellow onion
1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder or 2 teaspoons
minced roasted garlic
dried ancho chile powder
Tabasco sauce or
your favorite hot sauce, to taste
( I used somewhere between 1/4 to 1/2 tsp, cause I'm a whimp)
salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir together the boiling water and bouillon granules until dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Use in your favorite enchilada recipes!
- *Note:I prefer using 1 tsp of Maggi Chicken with Chipotle bouillon cube and 1 tsp of Chicken and Tomato bouillon cube (in the international aisle, from Nestle products) instead of 2 tsp beef bouillon; please note that most Maggi bouillon cubes contain 2 tsps, so you'll be using half-cubes.
- Makes about 4 cups (2 cups is usually enough for one batch of enchilada casserole).