round steak, sliced in thin strips
( or any leftover beef, one of the very best we have had was made with leftover smoked tri-tip, the sm)
2 (1 1/2 ounce) packages
brown gravy mix
1 1/2 cups
- Saute the beef and the onion in 2 T of butter.
- There will be alot of"juice" in the pan so I turn up the heat for a couple of minutes to reduce the liquid.
- (Start your rice or your noodles at this point).
- Add the brown gravy mix to the water and stir to dissolve.
- Add gravy mixture to meat and stir constantly until thick.
- If you are in a hurry, you can add the sour cream at this point and be done with it or you can simmer the meat and gravy until your noodles or rice are done, then add the sour cream right before serving.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- Makes 4 large servings.
- (If you like red wine, you can add 1/2 cup of red wine and 1 cup of water for the liquid).
- (You can also add mushrooms if desired).