jalapeno chile, chopped,to taste
( use what you like)
chopped peeled mangoes
1/3 cup cider vinegar or 1/3 cup
fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon
4 (6 ounce)
vegetable oil cooking spray
- Combine chile pepper, garlic and shallots in a food processor, and process until minced.
- Add the mango, vinegar, orange juice, thyme, salt and olive oil; process until smooth.
- Place the mango mixture and the fish in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- Remove fish from bag, reserving marinade.
- Pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Prepare the grill or broiler.
- Place fish on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with mango sauce.