2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons
1 tablespoon cornstarch or 1 tablespoon
1/2 cup chopped pecans or 1/2 cup
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a saucepan (sometimes I add the raisins in also, so they plump up before they go into the salad).
- Cook over low/medium low heat, while stirring constantly, until thickened and somewhat gloppy.
- Allow to cool (I put it in a bowl and stick it in the freezer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally).
- Mix together the salad ingredients (don't forget to toss in some extra lemon juice to keep the apples from browning).
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir together (the dressing is a little gluey, so you will have to work it into the salad).