celery, finely chopped
onion, finely chopped
potatoes, washed well,unpeeled and cubed
salt and pepper
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the a butter, then the celery and onions.
- Sauté until the vegetables are golden, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and reserve.
- Add the potatoes and just enough cold water to cover.
- Bring the water to a boil; cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are tender,.
- about 15 minutes, depending on size.
- Drain the potatoes and return the pan to medium heat.
- Stir in the cooked vegetables, 3 tablespoons of butter and milk.
- "Smash"(still has small lumps of potatoes) lightly with a masher or fork.
- Add more salt, pepper and taste for seasoning.
- Serve immediately or keep warm over low heat with the lid slightly opened.