onion, thinly sliced
red bell pepper, seeded,and cut into thin strips
white wine vinegar
( distilled bottled if possible)
9.85 ml pickling salt or 9.85 ml
- Place several slices of onion in the bottom of two 1-quart jars.
- Trim the asparagus to fit in the jars; pack them in with the cut-end facing down.
- Place the pepper strips in between asparagus.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan, and boil over moderate heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour into the jars, leaving 1/2-inch head space.
- Seal the jars according to the manufacturer's directions; process for 20 minutes in boiling water bath.