44.37 ml olive oil or 44.37 ml
whole wheat flour
- Dissolve yeast in water, I add a pinch of sugar, and let rest about 5 minutes or until it begins to foam.
- Stir in salt, oil and half of flour.
- Gradually add remaining flour, mixing well.
- Knead 8-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Place in greased bowl and let rise until double (1/2-1 hour) Punch down and let rise again until double.
- Punch down and divide into 1-4 pieces, depending on the size loaves desired.
- Roll into an oblong shape and then roll up, starting on long side; pinch to seal, forming long thin loaves.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Slash top of dough with knife 3-5 times diagonally down each loaf.
- Brush with water and let raise till double again (about 1 hour).
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Use within one day or double wrap and freeze.